[Cialug] Android > Surveillance Device

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:28:20 UTC 2019

I've been experimenting with motionEyeOS
(https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneyeos/wiki) on a couple of Raspberry
Pi systems. So far, I've been pretty impressed.

You could set up a few of these on Raspberry Pi Zeros and place them
covertly to capture any shenanigans.

This would, of course, require purchasing some hardware as motionEyeOS
won't run on your android device.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 10:21 PM Todd Pierce <toddcpierce at gmail.com> wrote:

> Crew,
>
> I'm back in Santa Fe, and yes, kidnapped (contracted) by a woman who may be
> nuts, but there is evidence her apartment (kitchen, closet, computers,
> make-up) is indeed being vandalized when she's gone.  There may be some
> fact to this.
>
> She's got an android netbook.  My first idea was to have the netbook take
> photos every once in a while to see what is going on.  But that would be
> hard to sort through, fill up her disk, and I don't even know what the
> right android softwre would be right for that.
>
> Is there any camera-able software that works from the command line such
> that I may script things?  At least that way, I could only keep images that
> are "different".
>
> More importantly, I'm interested in any creative ideas about how to
> approach this one.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Todd

Tired programmer