[Cialug] Android > Surveillance Device

Dave Hala dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Mar 13 12:46:32 UTC 2019

Why just hide a trail cam in the room? For < $50.00 it might be a quick,
simple solution.

https://www.amazon.com/Victure-Activated-Upgraded-Waterproof-Surveillance/dp/B07K53KL1G/ref=sr_1_6?hvadid=178127250640&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9017876&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=16929660335502495542&hvtargid=kwd-12012965624&keywords=motion+activated+trail+camera&qid=1552481026&s=gateway&sr=8-6&tag=googhydr-20

:) Dave

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 7:29 AM kristau <kristau at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been experimenting with motionEyeOS
> (https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneyeos/wiki) on a couple of Raspberry
> Pi systems. So far, I've been pretty impressed.
>
> You could set up a few of these on Raspberry Pi Zeros and place them
> covertly to capture any shenanigans.
>
> This would, of course, require purchasing some hardware as motionEyeOS
> won't run on your android device.
>
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 10:21 PM Todd Pierce <toddcpierce at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Crew,
> >
> > I'm back in Santa Fe, and yes, kidnapped (contracted) by a woman who may
> be
> > nuts, but there is evidence her apartment (kitchen, closet, computers,
> > make-up) is indeed being vandalized when she's gone.  There may be some
> > fact to this.
> >
> > She's got an android netbook.  My first idea was to have the netbook take
> > photos every once in a while to see what is going on.  But that would be
> > hard to sort through, fill up her disk, and I don't even know what the
> > right android softwre would be right for that.
> >
> > Is there any camera-able software that works from the command line such
> > that I may script things?  At least that way, I could only keep images
> that
> > are "different".
> >
> > More importantly, I'm interested in any creative ideas about how to
> > approach this one.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > -Todd
>

> --
> Tired programmer
> Coding late into the night
> The core dump follows

NIFCAP  -The Premier Client Intake System for Non-Profit Organizations.
https://www.osis.us