[Cialug] RAM needed

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri May 12 17:40:57 UTC 2017

I know sometimes people here have stashes of older RAM. I have an HP Z600
workstation. These use 6 DIMM modules, according to the data sheet:
"Registered 4-GB and 8-GB dual-rank PC3-10600R 1333 MHz DIMMs"

6 x 8GB is 48 GB. I'd really like to go a little higher but I'm not certain
16GB DIMMs will work. Some forums indicate they will, and I've even seen
machines for sale on e-bay configured w/ 96GB (cf
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/201631239438?rmvSB=true>), so hopefully they do.

I'm curious if anyone has some 8 or, preferably, 16GB DIMMs they would be
willing to part with. Or maybe you have experience with this workstation
and know for sure it will or won't go past 48gb.