[Cialug] FW: RAM needed

khamil8686 at gmail.com khamil8686 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:51:17 UTC 2017

Those aren’t old ram, its PC3 so DDR3 10600 RAM. Not sure what the R means. Am I misinterpreting your message? I also got mail rejected when replying to your email newz at bearfruit.org

From: Matthew Nuzum
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 12:47 PM
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group
Subject: [Cialug] RAM needed

I know sometimes people here have stashes of older RAM. I have an HP Z600
workstation. These use 6 DIMM modules, according to the data sheet:
"Registered 4-GB and 8-GB dual-rank PC3-10600R 1333 MHz DIMMs"

6 x 8GB is 48 GB. I'd really like to go a little higher but I'm not certain
16GB DIMMs will work. Some forums indicate they will, and I've even seen
machines for sale on e-bay configured w/ 96GB (cf
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/201631239438?rmvSB=true>), so hopefully they do.

I'm curious if anyone has some 8 or, preferably, 16GB DIMMs they would be
willing to part with. Or maybe you have experience with this workstation
and know for sure it will or won't go past 48gb.