[Cialug] Fwd: Configuration file with invalid filename extension

Kyle Hamilton khamil8686 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:16:11 CST 2016

It looks like a junk file that was left behind after an upgrade or some
install task. Do 'ls /etc/apt/apt.conf.d' and see if there is an
'50unattended-upgrades.ucf' file. If there is one, then I'd just move
the '-old- file out of the directory to your home directory or something
for safe keeping in case it is needed later. Do the same thing if there
is not a file with that name there. If more errors occur later, you have
the file in your home directory to move back!

Kyle