[Cialug] Fwd: Configuration file with invalid filename extension

Pixie pix at kepibu.org
Tue Nov 29 12:56:41 CST 2016

.ucf-old and .dpkg-old (along with -new and -dist variants) are
extensions you'll see in Debian-based systems when it replaces a
conffile, so after upgrading you can compare differences and transfer
over any manual changes that may have been overwritten.  Or transfer
over any distro-provided changes, depending on whether you chose to use
the old or new version of the file.

Once you've copied over any changes to want to keep, you can safely
delete such files.