[Cialug] Fwd: Configuration file with invalid filename extension

Dale Bowley dalebowley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:54:53 CST 2016

Hello all.

This is my first time writing in to CIALUG.  On 11/26/16, I did an upgrade
with Ubuntu on my HP laptop from 14.04 to 16.04, via Terminal.  During the
upgrade process, I was prompted to choose a configuration setting.
Configuration of what - I don't remember.  Anyway, there seems to be a
recurring "Ignoring file '50unattended-upgrades......." because of an
invalid filename extension.
I'D like to get this thing figured out, before it complicates things so
much that doing a fresh install would be the best thing.  I have attached a
pic of a terminal response to a command.

Thanks for reading.
Dale Bowley