[Cialug] The systemd Init System

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Dec 10 08:48:38 CST 2015

I disagree, but not strongly. I think that it should be emphasized it is a
philosophy, not a rule. It is the same philosophy that is behind the
popularity of micro-services, which makes for a good example. Some jobs are
very well suited for a micro-service or a single-purpose pipeline and some
aren't. If you're in doubt, err on the side of small, because it's a lot
easier to expand than it is to contract. (I promise that's not a dieting
reference)

Sometimes smaller isn't better and more is more.