[Cialug] The systemd Init System

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 07:58:01 CST 2015

some will disagree here, and for some good reasons, but hear me out ...

that philosophy died hard several decades ago :-(

it was a good philosophy compared to mainframe batch jobs, which i'm sure
was part of the motivation for it in the first place

big reasons:
1. that philosophy doesn't make it easier to support the complex workflow
graphs that complex specialized applications do better by some ways of
measuring 'better'
2. the magical relational database and all that that became
and others, but i'm out of time

i miss that philosophy, but it was already dead before i ever touched a
unix terminal