[Cialug] ? Open Source Group Software

jim kraai jimgkraai at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 13:03:06 CDT 2015

You make a good case for WP, I'll check it out!

Not kidding:  I've looked over 80k lines of Drupal 7 code--most of what has
to execute prior to delivering a page.  It's a resource hog and its
database use makes me sad.  Being pushed forward by security concerns and
the short cycle between major, compatibility-affecting version updates and
the huge lag in plugin updates--"will plugin X be a) brought into core, b)
updated for major version N before major version N+1 gets released, or c)
abandoned?"

As an exercise in understanding, I tried to make a graph of what types
could be included in other types without plugins.  That was enough to make
me look seriously at Alfresco, which is a worse hog but in ways that make
more sense to me.