[Cialug] Mail servers (was: Hostname issue)

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Wed Nov 26 13:39:43 CST 2014

Zimbra IS excellent from a user perspective and is very easy to set up and get running.  BUT, he did mention that he wanted something that could run on a modest server, which Zimbra certainly is not.  Three or so years ago Zimbra went from requiring at least 2GB of RAM and some minimum processor speed to requiring a 64-bit processor and 4GB of RAM (I think).  At that point it went from something you could run on a modest server to something that is too big for an affordable VM.

Of course, "modest server" and "affordable VM" are things that are completely different for a business than they are for a home user who just wants to pull all his data out of the clutches of Google.

-- Matt (N0BOX)