[Cialug] Mail servers (was: Hostname issue)

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Nov 25 19:47:21 CST 2014

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014, Josh More wrote:

> I've often thought about ways to detangle myself from Google, simply on
> the basis that I rely so much on this one vendor. However, the value
> that Google Apps provides is tough to beat. Being able to use email and
> a shared calendar on my computer, tablet and phone, as well as a nice
> web GUI is great.
>
> Any suggestions for alternatives? There are hosted Exchange solutions
> which> are similar in price and feature,

Huh? Do you REALLY want everyone to barf?

ownCloud provides all the fancy stuff, .. we use mailserv for core email
servers.

If you MUST go integrated, Zimbra is excellent.

Any decent client (Evolution, for example) can easily provide all the
services in one UI, but all are standard so usable separately for phones,
tablets, at al.

	Lee