[Cialug] VSphere Converter Installer for Linux

Matt matt at itwannabe.com
Sun Nov 16 14:28:50 CST 2014

Yeah, I've tried to move a Windows install between a physical machine and a VM (Virtualbox) and a physical machine with one motherboard to another with a different mb/cpu and in both cases Windows would refuse to boot.  There is some sort of driver/kernel magic that must be performed to change from one chipset to another.

Linux installs are not that picky, so long as the kernel wasn't specifically customized for one CPU instruction set and there are modules installed for the new system devices.

-- Matt (N0BOX)