[Cialug] Windows Replacement

Crouse crouse at usalug.net
Wed Apr 9 23:28:50 CDT 2014

Writing this from a Lenovo T400 (bought on ebay for a whopping $125) ...
stuck in an SSD and it had 4 gigs ram, runs Linux Mint like a champ.  As
for backing up data to an external drive, a simple rsync script (one liner)
is what I use to backup the changes to my NAS from my laptop.  FWIW, there
is a gui front end to rsync, grsync.   http://www.opbyte.it/grsync/   I've
played with it before, decided I liked my rsync cronjobs better. YMMV.