[Cialug] Anyone have experience setting up solar powered wireless repeater outdoors?

John Lengeling john.lengeling at gmail.com
Fri May 17 00:10:05 CDT 2013

I am looking at an Internet connection but I won't have line of site at my
house. I am able to get line of sight about 1000 yards out in an open field
but I need it solar/battery powered and then a repeater to get the signal
back to house.    I generally know what I need:

Solar panel
Inverter
Charge controller
Battery
Linksys WAP reconfigured with dd-wrt as repeater
Antenna
Enclosure
Mast/pole

Looking for others who have done this and recommended suppliers/vendors and
ideas.

John