[Cialug] Ubuntu Edge

aaron ampilgrim85 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 17:13:54 CDT 2013

On 7/22/2013 4:58 PM, Nicolai wrote:
> So, anyone have thoughts on this?
>
> http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge
>
> I don't like smartphones but I like the project.  Hopefully they reach
> their funding target.
>
> Besides Android, what are the existing, most-similar options?
>
> Nicolai
My thoughts are that the concept is inspiring, the vision is grand, but
as Scott has pointed out, it all comes down to funding. A project of
that size, even to be taken up by a major backer such Canonical is, in
my opinion, massive. Cynical as I may sound, I hope it comes to be. I
would truly get behind such an project.

Speaking of which, has any one signed up for the developer beta of the
Ubuntu Phone?

--
Regards Aaron, A.K.A. ~A.M.P.~
"The day one losses themself, is the day they lose the world." - A.M.P.