[Cialug] Ubuntu 12.10 Grub Editor

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Jan 29 09:59:58 CST 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, Barry Von Ahsen wrote:

> up until 11.10 (IIRC, perhaps later), there was a system > boot configuration-type GUI that showed your entries, you clicked on one, chose 'default' and clicked apply.  I think dc's issue is why do we still have to remember these tricks instead of having pointy-clicky options

Ahh, .. because all resources have gone "dynamic" with <resource.d> style
configuration directories. I don't like it either, but do you want to go
with the flow, or switch to <ugh> Windoze?

> https://launchpad.net/startup-manager/+announcement/8300

Might be worth a look, .. but I would be suspicious of "Grub Customizer"
in the world of Grub2 that is not in the standard sources.

	Lee