[Cialug] POP mail server mal-function

dc dave at dchamp.net
Wed Sep 5 23:16:23 CDT 2012

POP + leave mail on the server is going to have this kind of problem.
I've seen it happen when the email index files on the server get out of
sync, if the server reboots etc.

IMAP works much better - if you use a "real" IMAP client. Outlook has a
poor IMAP implementation, I use Thunderbird + IMAP and it works very
well with several large email folders.

-dc