[Cialug] debian605+gdm3

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Mon Sep 3 12:37:03 CDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 08:44:16AM -0700, Dan Hockey wrote:
> I just installed Debian 6.0.5 32bit DVD on an old dell-everything seems
> to go fine 'til it gets togdm3 is the last I see flash on the screen
> before the computer locks up.

> what do I do next?

I've been in the same shoes... this year I've installed all 4 of the
BSDs plus Debian GNU/Linux, on multiple machines, and found Debian to be
the only one to lock up for whatever reason.

Debian has IIRC options for graphical install and text install.  Choose
the other option and try the install again.  That's what I did.

Let us know if that works or not.

Nicolai