[Cialug] HTML Editors

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Tue Jan 31 17:46:14 CST 2012

On 1/31/2012 3:58 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012, Todd E Thomas wrote:
>
>> Chris, I've been going down this path myself recently. I've been looking
>> for a PHP IDE (integrated development environment); here's what I've found:
>>
> Another thread I was following highly recommend Aptana - looks pretty
> cool! Based on Eclipse, more than one choice for PHP, Rails, ..

I do PHP development at work and I've been using Aptana for about the
past 6 months and it has worked out quite well. Before that, I used
Eclipse with the PHPEclipse plugin so it wasn't much of a change to move
to Aptana since it is also based on Eclipse.

Recently I've heard of many people starting to use Sublime Text
http://www.sublimetext.com/ which is available for OSX, Linux and
Windows. It isn't free but you can download the Beta version for free. I
wouldn't call it an IDE but it is a good text editor which is designed
for coding. It even has its own package manager called Package Control
http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control which you can use to
install packages to add features to the editor.

Eric