[Cialug] HTML Editors

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Jan 31 15:58:32 CST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012, Todd E Thomas wrote:

> Chris, I've been going down this path myself recently. I've been looking
> for a PHP IDE (integrated development environment); here's what I've found:

Another thread I was following highly recommend Aptana - looks pretty
cool! Based on Eclipse, more than one choice for PHP, Rails, ..

Best of all, it includes tools for CSS & Ajax.

> HTML seems to be ubiquitous among all languages, select your language,
> java, php, etc. and then start looking for tools. HTML will be included
> in all of them.

It is seldom an encompassing solution, however, as almost any site with
content requires a programming language (e.g. Rails), with a decent logic
model, a la MVC, which puts the HTML component pretty low in the
heirarchy.

> 1) If you have the money, buy a mac and dreamweaver - period. It's
> missing nothing.

*Except* tools for doing stuff beyond HTML (unless it has changed
considerably over the past few years).

	Lee