[Cialug] HTML Editors

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Jan 27 09:56:23 CST 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, Tim Champion wrote:

> Which HTML editors/creators are good for getting a site designed quickly
> and easily. Maybe something that is WYSIWYG and/or has templates to
> automate most of the design functions. Any such animal out there?

For Q&D, most hosting organizations have hundreds or thousands of
templates available, ..

Sites in the past 10 years have progressed well beyond WYSIWYG editors. I
have not upgraded my copy Dreamweaver since 2003, as there is little use
for an HTML designer; once in a while, however, it's CSS tools might be
helpful but not being able to use it for the rest of the site makes it
less than worthwhile.

Most entry to mid level sites today use a CMS - you're far better off with
Wordpress as an entry level tool than some klunky HTML environment, ..

	Lee