[Cialug] HTML Editors

Crouse crouse at usalug.net
Fri Jan 27 14:05:06 CST 2012

If I had to choose one, I'd probably go with Kompozer, as I hate
wyswyg editors anyway, but it's free, and I have tried it before.

http://kompozer.net/

Not to mention, it will run on windows, macs, or linux.

If you want to see others that are out there, this article shows MANY
of them.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmleditors/tp/aatpfreewyswin.htm

> Most entry to mid level sites today use a CMS - you're far better off with
> Wordpress as an entry level tool than some klunky HTML environment,

I totally disagree... but that's a whole nother issue.  #1 issue, you learn
zip about html with wordpress, or someones "free" site designer.
Sort of like saying I know how to figure the cosine of an angle, but take
away your scientific calculator and your stumped.

Guess it really depends on what your designing, but wyswyg editors can
definately get you pointed in the right direction quickly.  There are many
"template" sites that you can download, then use the wyswyg editor to
manipulate.

Not that you asked, but I prefer vim myself, but on
really large projects I use netbeans...still haven't gotten the vim plugin
for netbeans working yet...but it's cool enough on it's own i don't care.

ymmv of course  ;)

HTH's

Dave Crouse