[Cialug] How to determine the cause of a Linux performance problem?

Pixel // pinterface pix at kepibu.org
Mon Feb 27 22:34:21 CST 2012

Pixel // pinterface wrote:
> [my VPS is suddenly slow]

In case anyone is wondering: I contacted my provider, got migrated me to
another host, and everything is back to normal.

Required a little bit of downtime, but was pretty painless overall.

Woo!

Disappointingly, I have not received any confirmation as to the nature
of the problem.  But I suppose there's no sense making too much of a
fuss about that.

Anyway, thanks for playing frontrunner to the helpdesk!  Next time I'll
probably be confident enough to pester them first instead of annoying
you guys. :)