[Cialug] Social networking for kids

James Shoemaker james at dhlake.com
Fri Jul 29 14:30:24 CDT 2011

On 07/29/2011 02:06 PM, Josh More wrote:
> I also had dial-up growing up.
>
> It didn't restrict me at all.  It just made me incredibly efficient at what I chose to do.  :)
>
> So I support this idea... but suspect it wouldn't quite have the same result that James is hoping for.

    Growing up all I had was a single BBS at 300bps.  The reason I'm not
too worried where she goes is the computer is sitting on the kitchen
table in full view of me when she uses it.

    As she gets older the fact that I control the firewall machine will
be impressed on her so if she wants to cover her tracks she will have to
tunnel or hack my server.

James