[Cialug] Social networking for kids

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Jul 29 14:21:32 CDT 2011

Another thing to consider is skype. I don't know if too many social networks
that have video support. Skype can do multi-part chat and audio, and one on
one video (multi-party video if you pay for a subscription). Supposedly
there is a parental control feature that limits an account to only calling
people in the contacts list, then you can just supervise who they add as a
contact.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM, James Shoemaker <james at dhlake.com> wrote:

>  My 9yr old is interested is connecting online with her cousins and
> friends.  Does anyone know of a Google+ equivalent for 9yr olds? Features
> live video chat, photo albums, email, instant messaging and the like would
> be needed.
>
>  This wouldn't be unsupervised, but all the normal social networking sites
> don't let kids have accounts without breaking the TOS.
>
> James

Matthew Nuzum