[Cialug] Wordpress Performance

lister at kulish.com lister at kulish.com
Tue Jul 19 09:13:19 CDT 2011

After some discussion about it on other venues, I thought I'd throw an
email out to the list about this.

I'm looking to gain a bit of performance on a KVM server running
Wordpress.  Nothing is sacred here, I am even entertaining alternatives
to the standard Apache+mod_php here.

My needs are pretty basic.  Standard LAMP stack currently.

Named Virtual Domains
PHP

All WP sites have db_cache enabled.

http://tech.kulish.com
This is the problem child.  It does more backend processing for various
items.

http://family.kulish.com
Seems to run quick enough.  You tell me :)

http://cars.kulish.com
PG-13!!!  Anyway, seems to run fast enough as well.

I also run some monitoring stuff at other virtual domains, a
mediaserver as well webmail.