[Cialug] Cialug Beginnings

Pawel pdarowski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:15:50 CDT 2011

LoL :D My question really didn't have anything to do with a first language
but that's alright, I still got some good insight.

I already know C fairly well, but it wasn't really my first language. I
think my first was QBASIC. But the trouble I'm having is putting a language
to good use. I want to use C mainly to write drivers for 'that
old thingamabob I have lying around.' :) Also to peruse Linux source code,
mainly for curiousity's sake. But in a career sense, I'd imagine C probably
won't cut it.

I'll be getting my feet wet in the technical world with networking, so a
greater understanding of Perl is on my todo list. I *hope* that in the
business world, knowing how to attain knowledge is greater than actually
knowing everything. :/