[Cialug] Media Center...

Daniel Stiner stiner at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 25 15:29:32 CST 2011

I have an atom/ion based netbook (the HP mini311) and it struggles with
anything but the lowest quality hulu. I suspect this is more due to a lack
of proper video acceleration in flash on Linux than a bandwidth problem, as
it is able to handle h.264 720p content off the hard disk well enough

Flash 10.2 is supposed to bring nvidia accelerated video to flash on 32bit,
but it hasn't done the trick for me yet.

--
Daniel Stiner
Iowa State University
stiner at iastate.edu