[Cialug] Media Center...

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:01:51 CST 2011

Hulu is really resource intensive, compared to other flash players. My
previous PC was an AMD 64 X2 4600+, 2gb RAM, nVidia 8800 gto, running WinXP
32, I would see noticeable frame skipping in Hulu, but not any others like
youtube, vimeo etc. The motherboard in that died, I upgraded to a quad-core
i5, 4gb RAM, still on the same WinXP 32, same video card, and it's smooth
now.

Hopefully streaming video goes to something decent in the future... and not
Silverlight like Netflix uses on PC.

-dc