[Cialug] OT: Two hardware problems

jrnosee jrnosee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:34:56 CST 2011

If you're confidant removing the CPU cooling module you may also wish to
replace the typical thermal pad with some arctic silver or something.  Also,
when running the laptop make sure ALL fans are running properly (including
GPU fan if you have one).  Keep the inlets for the fans (the openings on the
bottom) clear so air can get in.  If you're working on a lap or soft surface
such as a couch these may get blocked.  Despite being "laptops" it's usually
best to work on hard surfaces.