[Cialug] pink pogoplug problem

Kendall Bailey kendall at baileyplex.com
Fri Oct 15 13:40:25 CDT 2010

I have a pink pogoplug device, and I had it set up with some PlugApps, like
samba.  It was configured to accept SSH connections and worked great.  There
was a brief power outage yesterday, and now I can't get the device to
respond to anything but ping.  So it must be booting, and dhcp on the router
is giving it the static address that it's supposed to give, but port 22 is
closed.  There's no factory reset button, like most routers have.  Anyone
have advice on recovery?  There's evidently some kind of serial cable that
one can attach.  The results of my searches yield a few forum posts that are
not very clear to me.  I will purchase a cable if it will get me a root
prompt and some hope of fixing whatever went wrong.

Thanks.
Kendall