[Cialug] Job Opening in Des Moines

Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Sat Oct 16 04:18:53 CDT 2010

CIALUG,

I work at Palisade Systems in Des Moines.  We are looking for a second
support person.  Full time, generally 8 to 5. Insurance, 401k, and all
of the usual stuff.  Good work environment, great people.

Support requests come via email, and phone.  Product has built in VPN
that the customer can start that let us in to fix things.

Our product runs on FreeBSD, and the software is mostly our own.

Basic Technical Skills requirements from company job description.

------------
Strong understanding of how computer networks operate

Networking protocols experience, especially TCP/IP

Experience with network devices: (switches, routers, firewalls, hubs and
taps)

Extensive hands-on experience with Unix/Linux/FreeBSD environments

Experience with Active Directory (helpful)

Experience with packet sniffing products or programs (helpful)

Experience with Apache/HTTP, PHP, MySQL or PostqreSQL (helpful)

PC knowledge, both hardware and software

Testing and QA experience

For more info, or a complete copy of the companies job description,
contact me off list, or send your resume to:

Dave Rush
drush at palisadesys.com

Steve
--