[Cialug] decreasing website latency

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Nov 22 22:39:14 CST 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Tom Pohl <tom at tcpconsulting.com> wrote:

> That being said, there are other good products out there that can do SSL
> acceleration / load balancing based appliances like Kemp Technologies
> loadmasters that can ease some of these issues.

I think I'm going to have to look into one of those when my current project
gets serious enough.

Using ab on localhost to a light-weight php file:

When accessing the same file via SSL:

(and server load starts to climb) :-(

If I use EC2 for my servers then I can use their load balancer for $18 /mo
which will offload the SSL for me. That seems like a pretty cheap solution,
what do you think?

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin