[Cialug] decreasing website latency

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Thu Nov 4 13:09:46 CDT 2010

The only other point to make that can be useful on Linux based servers is that some distros configure apache out of the box with KeepAlive enabled and some with it disabled and I can attest that with SSL connections, you definitely want it enabled! :)

That being said, there are other good products out there that can do SSL acceleration / load balancing based appliances like Kemp Technologies loadmasters that can ease some of these issues.

Thanks!
-Tom