[Cialug] Rooting an Evo and custom firmware

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Nov 5 12:26:12 CDT 2010

At 12:00 PM 11/5/2010, you wrote:
>What are you currently using to centralize contact information for everyone?

Palm Desktop, of course. Why would anyone want centralized contacts?
That's Enterprise Stuff <g>!

>Just search for that directory service on the android market.

Doesn't exist, unfortunately, .. nor does any reasonable solution
that I can find that doesn't include a hefty Microsoft Tax (e.g.
Zimbra = $1K/yr w/Active Sync license, eGroupWare and others don't
have any sort of Android client, .. ). There are a few "link tools"
like Companion Link, but that would require maintaining Palm Desktop
- I would prefer something more cross platform.

Also, don't see any sync apps in the Android Market, .. is there a
trick to finding them?

         Lee