[Cialug] Kiosk suggestions?

Aaron Porter atporter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 18:34:14 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Josh More
<MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> This is certainly true, but it comes at the cost of producing error messages that, depending on the user base, could result in complaints and phonecalls.  That's one of the reasons I've adopted a reset approach.  Let the system work the way it wants to, and wipe it clean regularly.

Purging after use still leaves you with stuff on disk, which could be
frustrating or possibly open all sorts of exposure issues (if the
system resets nightly, what about the pr0n some teen left in ~/ for 16
hours?). Purging ~ after logout + some sort of auto-logout on idle
would be better. I've never had to do office + browsing, but non-user
owned ~ + firefox + R-kiosk keeps those error-messages at bay. Not
sure what OpenOffice support you'll find.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1659/