[Cialug] Kiosk suggestions?

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Jun 25 16:21:50 CDT 2010

This is certainly true, but it comes at the cost of producing error messages that, depending on the user base, could result in complaints and phonecalls.  That's one of the reasons I've adopted a reset approach.  Let the system work the way it wants to, and wipe it clean regularly.

This is clearly not a good solution in a business environment, where malware and the like could spread from system to system, but on a dedicated kiosk system the risk is a lot less... especially if you use the appropriate Firefox plugins (RequestPolicy, NoScript, AdBlock) and use private browsing.

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701