[Cialug] Kiosk suggestions?

Scott Prader sprader at iastate.edu
Sun Jun 27 03:17:30 CDT 2010

If you're interested in using the default Gnome interface, you can use the
configuration editor to take care of that.  Such an option is detailed here:

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/06/how-to-lock-down-gnome-panel-in-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx/

A step toward keeping users out of the hard drive is to prevent them from
goofing up the GUI in the first place.  While certain files have to remain
read-only, the ones that do shouldn't become much of a hazard.  Also,
putting a password in GRUB and making that configuration file invisible to
read will prevent unsanitary hard drive reads.

http://beginlinux.com/server_training/linux-terminal-server/1058-lock-down-user-privileges

-Scott