[Cialug] OT Developer productivity - was: Which software to use for a SAN

Jeff Davis me at digitaljeff.com
Wed Jul 7 16:28:07 CDT 2010

Since this is a test group, I'm specifically asking for feedback.
We don't want to spend the time and money to get this set up and find
out the developers have known issues with their workstations.

Though as a more general rule I'm not making the trip around the dev area
asking everyone if things are going great for them, I have no problem looking
into a problem for a specific person.  That's one of the advantages I like about
working for a smaller company.

As as admin and previously been a developer, I want the developers as
"comfortable" as possible.  I want the infrastructure to have as little pain
as possible so they are as productive as possible.  If a developer is losing
15 minutes a day on an annoyance and I can fix it in an hour, I'm going to
find the time to fix it.  It goes both ways... so if I'm seeing
something that looks to be
a code problem I can hit up a developer for time right now without
having to send
a meeting invite and involving two BAs and a Project Manager.  GTD
sans bureaucracy.

-Jeff