[Cialug] Resize ext3

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Jan 11 15:45:55 CST 2010

I've always just run resize2fs.  I've never had an issue.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> 01/11/10 3:15 PM >>>
Ok, I thought I've done this before, but after doing a Google search on
how
to do it, I'm seeing people do steps that I don't recall doing.  I
thought I
just booted into single user, and ran resize2fs on the partition I
wanted to
resize.  But I'm seeing people turning off journaling, then do the
resize,
then turning journaling back on.

So my question is, what's the best way to do this?  Note, in this case,
the
partition is mounted as '/', so I'll have to boot off of a live CD.

--
Tim
Required reading: http://bccplease.com/