[Cialug] PHP problem, ..

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Feb 11 18:51:51 CST 2010

Got an interesting problem on a production server:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: mm_create(0, /var/lib/php5/session_mm_cli1000)
failed, err mm:core: failed to open semaphore file (Permission denied) in
Unknown on line 0

which leads to:

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end in <filename>

I see some notes that this might be a update problem, but we don't have
any control over the production server.

Anyone ever seen something like this? This project is hosted at Nuvox, ..
which is another problem - they seem to be filtering the ftp client and
only allowing certain programs!

	Lee