[Cialug] PHP problem, ..

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Feb 11 20:39:29 CST 2010

I've had this problem before but it was when I was running a RedHat based
server and I retired the last one of those about two years ago so I can't
quite remember what to do to fix it.

Is your hard drive full or nearly so? Is your tmp filesystem nearly full?

df -h

Is your file system mounted read only?

mount

(most of your filesystems should be marked rw)

Are you running out of shared memory? I think:

ipcs -l (that's lower case L)

Shows you that.

Do you need to use the memcache module? If you don't need it you can disable
it in your php.ini.

Share what version of PHP and Linux you're using.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:51 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Got an interesting problem on a production server:
>
> PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: mm_create(0, /var/lib/php5/session_mm_cli1000)
> failed, err mm:core: failed to open semaphore file (Permission denied) in
> Unknown on line 0
>
> which leads to:
>
> PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected $end in <filename>
>
> I see some notes that this might be a update problem, but we don't have
> any control over the production server.
>
> Anyone ever seen something like this? This project is hosted at Nuvox, ..
> which is another problem - they seem to be filtering the ftp client and
> only allowing certain programs!
>
>        Lee

Matthew Nuzum