[Cialug] SSH being difficult

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Aug 9 15:30:01 CDT 2010

On 2010-08-09 at 15:10:57, Zachary Kotlarek wrote:
>I've also seen kerberos make logins slow, but that's typically not
>enabled by default.
>It would be useful to see a verbose connection log

Thank you! It was actually kerberos related. We don't use kerberos, but
for some reason "GSSAPIAuthentication yes" was set in sshd_config and it
was hanging there. I checked the verbose connection log, saw where it
was hanging, and googled for the messages that were displayed during the
slow period to determine that. Turning off GSSAPIAuthentication fixes
it. Nice.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu