[Cialug] Update maven2 in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Fri Apr 30 10:35:29 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Josh More
<MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net>wrote:

>  The only Maven in Hardy, Hardy-Updates and Harvey-Backports is 2.0.8  (
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/ )
>
> If the previous admin knew what they were doing and worked exclusively
> within the Ubuntu paradigm, it should be trivial to upgrade to the newest
> long term release (10.04 was released today).  Then you'd get Maven 2.2.1.

We want to stick with the 2.0.x series for now.  Eventually, we will need to
update the box to a more recent distro.  At that point, I'm sure we'll be
upgraded to 2.2.x or maybe even 3.0.x.

> If they didn't, you should drive to wherever they work now and give them a
> smack.  :)

I don't have to drive to do that, just walk down the hall and upstairs. And
he deserves a smack for more than just that reason. :)