[Cialug] Wireless APs supporting roaming?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Apr 15 09:56:06 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Paul Gray <gray at cs.uni.edu> wrote:
> Any recommendations for wireless APs that support roaming?  I need to
> place 2-3 units in a local church that has a few cement walls.
>
> Also open to hostap solutions with mini-itx boards + FreeRADIUS + Linux
> if you have some stories to share.

How seamless do you want the roaming to be?  How much money do you
want to spend?  Unless there were a real need for seamless roaming and
you had bunches of money to spend I'd just go with some inexpensive
access points but turn off any DHCP servers that run on them and run a
DHCP server on a Linux box located in the office.  You could probably
get by with using the DHCP server that runs on your Internet router.

--
Jeff Ollie