[Cialug] Ubuntu 9.10 released

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Oct 29 13:16:53 CDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:

> I see that Ubuntu 9.10 is out today... anyone running the final version
> yet? I'm guessing Matt is. ;)

Actually, I'm not. The newer versions of Ubuntu only check for updates once
a week and last week when I got my updates it took me 2 hours to get working
again (remember that was beta still). So I've not updated since then because
I can't afford to be down around release time.

However, I think this weekend or next week I'm going to wipe clean and
switch to 64 bit version and ext4.

I've been seeing screenshots and videos of UNR. Thinking I might need to
make a visit to Best Buy to give it a try. Oh, and I saw there is a kubuntu
netbook edition out this time. Don't know anything about it.

--
Matthew Nuzum