[Cialug] Ubuntu 9.10 released

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Thu Oct 29 12:45:50 CDT 2009

I see that Ubuntu 9.10 is out today... anyone running the final version
yet? I'm guessing Matt is. ;)

I'm planning to update my Kubuntu VM soon, noticed in the slashdot
comments on this, that some people aren't happy with some of the bugs in
Kubuntu:

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=1423349&cid=29910433

I'm not surprised, since Kubuntu isn't the main version of the
distribution, so some of the KDE tools probably don't get amount of
attention that the Gnome counterparts do.

I'm looking forward to the Mandriva 2010.0 release - they had the RC2
release on 10/10, the final release should be out real soon now, release
notes for it are here:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2010.0_Notes

Hoping the rewrite of Netprofiles is an improvement...

-dc