[Cialug] Adding a drive to expand /home directory

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 20:33:41 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Tom Sellers <tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The problem is that although I can see the extended directory by using the
> ls command when I look at the /home directory from the file share I do not
> see the additional capacity of the drive.  The new drive should add twice
> as much space as was available with the original directory on the first drive.

Two thoughts:

1) On your Linux box, issue a 'df' command.  That's for "disk free" or
something.  It shows you disk usage.  See if your other drive is
listed as /dev/sdb or sdc or thereabouts.

2) Put some large files in the /home/extended, and then check your
free space on /home again.  If it didn't go down, then you know that
whatever you're using to check it isn't including that other drive,
right?

--
Todd