[Cialug] InstallFest 2010?

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Fri Nov 20 10:33:30 CST 2009

Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:40 AM,  <joshstrobl at hush.ai> wrote:
>
>> also, I'd be willing to bring the disks such as openSuse, Ubuntu
>> 9.04 & Ubuntu 9.10, kUbuntu, Fedora and Linux Mint. Any others in
>> particular you'd want me to bring and quantity? All I really got is
>> a some .isos burned off onto dvds, the ones with the pretty covers
>> and design is the Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 cds (got it yesterday).
>>

> I have had luck in the past getting larger quantities of Ubuntu CDs if
> I have a reasonable amount of notice (a couple weeks).
>
> Something that might draw a croud is a demo of UEC. (he he, get it,
> "croud"?) I can expense costs associated with setting up Ubuntu Server
> on EC2 for the moment if someone wanted to demo that. I've not used it
> yet so would not be a good person to do a demo.

I wouldn't get too gung-ho about obtaining / burning large quantities of
CD's... historically we always end up with lots of leftovers. Not trying
to rain on your parade...

If we did do some promotion, we might have better attendance. Just takes
a few people with some enthusiasm and a little creativity.

-dc